Brian Karasek, Senior Presenter here at Channel Star Wars, takes on our very own Trench Run…
1. First Star Wars you saw on the big screen?
a. And what year?
1978 – I was living in Iran at the time and it didn’t get there until early 1978.
2. Darth Vader,Darth Maul or Kylo Ren?
Vader, naturally, but only because Palpatine wasn’t an option!
3. Padmé Amidala or Princess Leia?
4. Light side or Dark side?
Well, there are philosophical advantages and fallacies on both sides…just kidding, DARK SIDE!
5. One or Two bladed lightsaber?
6. Anakin or Luke Skywalker?
7. Han Solo or Chewbacca?
I have to go with Chewbacca here.
8. R2-D2, C3PO or BB-8?
R2, but again only because C2-B5 is not an option!
9. Stormtrooper or Boba Fett?
Stormtrooper. Don’t get me started on Boba Fett: you’ve seen one, you’ve seen 1.2 million of ‘em.
10. Obi Wan Kenobi or Qui Gon Jinn?
11. Finn or Rey?
12. Poe Dameron or Lando Calrissian?
Poe. Lando’s “charm” comes across as skeezy.
13. Millennium Falcon or Slave I?
14. X-Wing or Tie Fighter?
15. Favourite Star Wars film?
This is, I know, the objectively wrong answer, but I have to go with a tie between Jedi and Revenge of the Sith. I’ll put a lot of weight on some Palpatine, and those two are heavy on him. Plus the emotional impact of seeing Order 66 executed gets me every time. I’m just so damn proud of those Clone Troopers!
16. Favourite Star Wars Character?
17. First Star Wars experience?
Going to Episode IV in Tehran, I was four. I was bringing my Luke and Leia figures to the movie because they were on a date. I remember asking my parents not to say anything so it would be a surprise for them!
18. Favourite Star Wars Quote?
Oh no, young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken, about a great many things.
19. Favourite ship or vehicle?